Ingredients (Makes 2 servings):
1. 1 bunch fresh kale, julienned
2. 1 small yellow onion, sliced
3. 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, minced
4. Pinch of nutmeg
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. 1 teaspoon soy sauce
7. ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
8. Pinch of ground coriander (optional)
1. To prepare kale, wash and remove leaves from stems. The stems are too tough to be eaten. Julienne the leaves.
2. In a saucepan, heat and stir-fry garlic with about 3 tablespoons of water.
3. Once you can smell the aroma of the garlic, add onions and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in kale and stir-fry until wilted. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add another 3 tablespoons of water if necessary to prevent the pan from drying.
5. Season with nutmeg, ground coriander and chili flakes(if using), salt, pepper and soy sauce.
6. Stir-fry to mix well (for about another minute) and ready to serve warm over rice or pasta.
If you cannot find kale in your local supermarket (especially in Asia), you can switch-up kale with any of your favorite green leafy vegetable such as baby bok choy, chinese spinach etc.
Nutritional value of this recipe
This is a super recipe. At only 89 calories, this recipe is a huge provider of Vitamin A (200%*), Vitamin C (145%*), calcium (12%*), dietary fiber, manganese, potassium and Vitamin B6.
* based on a 2,000 calories per day diet