Wow, autumn in Chicago is turning really cold really quickly this year. I have central heating in my apartment and the building management does not turn on the heat till November. :S So here's how I keep myself warm and cosy when I get to work from home on weekdays.
A quick and easy noodle soup that is sure to delight and keep your afternoon time free for a lot more exciting stuff. :) This is also a perfect recipe to clean left over vegetables from your fridge!
Ingredients (lunch or dinner for 1):
1. 1 cup water
2. 1 tomato, diced
3. 1 cup of mixed vegetable (spinach, mushrooms, onions and tofu)
4. 2 teaspoons miso paste
5. ½ teaspoon chili flakes
6. Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste
7. ½ cup pasta (cooked almost to al dente) or chinese noodles
1. In a small/medium pot, bring to boil 1 cup of water.
2. Add in diced tomatos, onions and miso paste and bring back to boil.
3. Add in tofu, mushrooms and chili flakes and bring back to boil.
4. Add in pasta or chinese noodles.
5. Season with salt, pepper and onion power and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes until noodles are al dente.
6. Ready to serve.
Nutritional value of this recipe
This recipe is only 316 calories but is a super provider of protein (17g), Vitamin A (25%*), Vitamin C (22%*), iron (24%*), manganese and thiamin.
* based on a 2,000 calories per day diet