Can life be any better? Yes, of course!
Ingredients (Makes about 16 crostinis):1. 1 large cucumber, seeded and roughly chopped into chunks
2. 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
3. 1 teaspoon lemon zest or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
4. 2 ounce smoked mackerel (other smooked seafood will also do)
5. 16 pieces french baguette, sliced about 1/2 inch thick (about 1.5 cm)
1. Preheat oven to 275F. Lay baguette slices on a lined baking sheet and bake for 6 to 7 minutes until crispy.
2. While baguette slices are baking, mash cucumber chunks, mayonnaise and lemon zest (or juice) in a food processor (or blender).
3. Using a flour sieve or straining device, strain the cucumber mixture to remove any liquid. The resulting mixture on the sieve or draining device is what we want to use on the crostini.
4. Flake the smoked mackerel (or another type of smoked fish if using) into bite size pieces, in a bowl.
5. Remove the ready crostinis from the oven.
6. Top each crostini with 1 teaspoon of cucumber mousse and 1/2 teaspoon flaked smoked mackerel.
7. Ready to serve at room temperature.