My kind of preventive measures? Lots of exercise and lots of lemongrass tea. Lemongrass is an amazing immune system booster. It’s not a miracle drug but overtime, lemongrass helps improve one’s immune system.
Here's a super simple recipe to help you add lemongrass into your diet!
1. 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
2. 2-3 teaspoons honey (prefer mild ones)
3. 4 cups boiling water
1. Bruise lemongrass with the back of your knife, then cut into 1-inch strips.
2. Place lemongrass in a heat proof container such as a glass measuring cup or a stainless steel flask.
3. Pour boiling water into container or flask.
4. Let steep for about an hour. Then add honey and stir to mix well.
5. Let cool further for another hour before chilling in the fridge.