A wonderful non-cook recipe perfect for a date night. This simple yet elegant salad combines the sweet fresh flavor of tomatoes with the creamy texture of avocados. The toasted almonds on top adds that surprising crunch to the overall dish. Dress it up with an aromatic and savory toasted sesame oil salad dressing....Who would have though roasted sesame oil and avocados are a perfect match made in heaven? This is the definitely the perfect way to start a date, a good conversation.
Ingredients (makes 8 to 10 servings):1. 6 medium/large tomatoes, sliced horizontally
2. 4 medium ripe California avocados, sliced
3. 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
4. 6 teaspoons vegan cheese
5. 6 tablespoons dry roasted California almonds, roughly chopped
6. 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
7. 4 tablespoons California extra virgin olive oil
8. 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
9. Salt and pepper to taste
Method for dressing and topping:
1. In a bowl, mix well vegan cheese and mayonnaise.
2. Season with salt and mix well.
3. In another bowl, add white wine vinegar or lemon juice, olive oil and sesame oil and mix well.
Method to assemble salad:
1. On a medium to large white shallow serving plate, lay 1 slice of tomato.
2. Top with slices of avocado to cover the top of the tomato slice.
3. Top with another slice of tomato.
4. Garnish with 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise/cheese mixture.
5. Drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle chopped almonds over the top.
6. Ready to serve!
Nutritional value of one serving of this recipe:
At only 216 calories, each serving of this salad gives you 6.5g of dietary fiber, 3.4g of protein, 13%* of your daily required Vitamin A and 26%* of your daily required Vitamin C.
* based on a 2,000 calories a day diet