Yummy yummy and super simple. It's a no brainer especially after a long day at work. And it's super economical too if you are saving up for a dream trip to somewhere exotic! ;)
Ingredients (Dinner for 1):
1. 2 large fresh steak tomatos, diced
2. 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
3. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
4. 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
5. 6 tablespoons water
6. Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
7. 1½ cups cooked fusilli
8. Pinch of italian herbs, salt and pepper
1. Heat a saucepan over medium/high heat. Sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of water for about 1 minute.
2. Add diced tomatoes and stir fry until soft. Takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add salt, italian herbs and pepper and stir fry to mix well.
4. Add cooked fusilli and stir fry to mix well.
5. Then add tomato paste and rest of water and mix well.
6. Stir fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Add basil and stir fry for another minute or 2.
8. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
9. Drizzle olive oil before serving (optional).
Nutritional value of this recipe
This recipe makes enough for a dinner for one. The amount of calories in this quick dinner is about 390. This recipe is extremely low in saturated fat yet boasts a high amount of protein (16g), dietary fiber (5g), 70%* of daily required Vitamin C, 60%* of daily required Vitamin A and 30%* of daily required iron. It is also a good source of thiamin.
* based on a 2,000 calories per day diet