Start your morning with a super healthy, super delicious breakfast. Get the iron, protein and lycopene you need!
1. 2 eggs (I usually use about 2 eggs per person)
2. 1/2 to 1 cup fresh coarsely chopped spinach
3. 1 small tomato on the vine, chopped
4. 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
4. 1/4 cup sliced button mushrooms (optional)
5. 1/4 cup water
8. Onion powder
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper and onion powder together until well combined.
2. Heat up a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water and onions.
3. Once water starts to boil, add tomatoes and mushrooms (if using). Saute covered for about 4 minutes until onions turn translucent.
4. Add spinach and season with a little salt and cook covered for another 5 to 6 minutes until all spinach has wilted.
5. Open saucepan cover and add a bit of water if pan is too dry.
6. Add beaten egg mixture evenly over saucepan and cook covered for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Open saucepan cover and flip egg omelete in sections.
8. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes without cover.
9. Ready to serve!
Nutritional value of this recipe
This recipe makes about 1 to 2 servings depending on whether there are other breakfast items. The calorie count per serving is about 85 and is a good source of protein (6.9g), Vitamin A (40%*), Vitamin C (18%*), Vitamin B6 and B12.
* based on a 2,000 calories per day diet