Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Tea Eggs (Broth)
This is a very simple tea egg recipe that you can make for a potluck party. Save the broth after that for the tea noodles soup.
Ingredients (for 20 eggs):
1. 2 store bought Taiwanese tea egg spice pouches
2. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
3. 1 teaspoon ground coriander
4. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
6. 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
7. 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a big pot, hard boil 20 eggs. It will take about 20 minutes.
2. Let eggs cool before making small cracks on the shells. Do not remove shells.
3. In a large slow cooker, place eggs and spice pouches and fill up with water enough to cover all the eggs. Add all seasonings and stir well to combine.
4. Cook over low to medium heat for 6 to 8 hours.