2. 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
6. 2 eggs
8. 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
9. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
10. 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
11. Pinch of salt and pepper
12. 1 bay leaf
4. Add broccoli and cook covered for another 2 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400F.
6. Turn of heat. Remove bay leaf from the pan and dish out into a ramekin (i.e. baking dish).
7. Crack eggs on top of filled ramekin dish. Place onto a baking sheet and bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until egg whites turn white (just like in the picture). This will give you perfectly done sunny-side ups!
8. Ready to serve!
Nutritional value of this recipe:
At 300 calories for the entire serving, whether you choose to have this all to yourself or share it with someone else, this breakfast/brunch is going to keep you going for a long long time. It also gives you all the Vitamins A and C you need, 8g of fiber and 19g of protein. And you don't have to worry about calcium (12%*) and iron (24%*) either.
* based on a 2,000 calories a day diet