This is probably the simplest dish you will ever make. The method is very similar to the Tomato and Spinach omelete. You can totally have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I am done making this dish in less than 15 minutes from preparation to serving. Yet it is super yummy and filling!
1. 2 eggs, beaten
2. ½ cup broccoli florets
3. ¼ yellow onion, sliced
4. ¼ cup water
5. 4 to 5 pieces of prawns, peeled and de-veined, (optional to dice)
6. ½ teaspoon onion powder
7. ½ teaspoon salt
8. Dash of freshly ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper and onion powder together until well combined.
2. Heat up a saucepan with ¼ cup of water. Once water starts to boil, saute onions for about 4 minutes until onions turn translucent.
3. Open cover and add broccoli. Saute covered for about 2-3 minutes until broccoli turn darker green.
4. Open saucepan cover and add a bit of water if pan is too dry.
5. Add beaten egg mixture evenly over saucepan and prawns (whole or diced) and cook covered for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Open saucepan cover and flip egg omelete in sections.
7. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes without cover.
8. Ready to serve!
Nutritional value of this recipe
This recipe makes 1 serving. The amount of calories per serving is about 240 and is a great source of protein (32g), iron (27%*) and Vitamin C (73%*).
* based on a 2,000 calories per day diet